Chesapeake Therapeutic Riding, Inc. (CTR) is seeking a Program Manager to join our dynamic team.
This position is the lead position for programming at CTR. The Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to determine curriculum for lessons and be responsible for conducting lessons as well as providing onsite support as a registered therapeutic riding instructor or instructor in training as required by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH). Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will carry out the duties and delegate as needed to the instructors, instructors-in-training and lesson volunteers.
CTR founded in 2003 and located in the Jarrettsville area of Harford County, is a non-profit organization and member center of PATH International. CTR provides a fun and unique healing experience through our therapeutic riding program for children and adults with special needs. Through the kindness of benefactors, volunteers and horses, CTR’s riders and families find hope, growth and compassion. Our mission is to encourage healing and celebrate life with individuals and groups whose minds, bodies and spirits will benefit from the transformational connection between people and horses. Our vision is to establish CTR as the premier equine-based, therapeutic healing and recreation center in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Communicate with volunteers and instructors regarding volunteer needs for lessons;
- Schedule an appropriate number of trained volunteers to assist in lessons;
- Provide training and support for instructors-in-training and volunteers;
- Schedule Volunteer Orientations and Instructor/Volunteer Workshops totaling a minimum 20 hours per year for registered instructors to maintain certification compliance; and
- Report any needs to the Executive Director.